This event is very friendly for spectators following along. Please be aware that spectators are not permitted on the runners’ shuttle buses. There are a few places to see and support your runner or walker, including:
– 35km course: The race start at Mangapohue Natural Bridge. TOILETS . Admission is free. Parking is very limited (10 total vehicles) so we do not recommend parking here.
– 35km & 22km courses: Stubbs’ Farm. 914 Te Anaga Road, Waitomo. TOILETS + ample parking. This is 10km past Waitomo Village on the right-hand side. It will be signposted. The long course starts here and all runners and walkers pass back through here. All super-long course runners and walkers pass through.
– All courses: Ruakuri Reserve. All four distances come through the Ruakuri Reserve. Park in Carpark A. TOILETS. Limited parking.
– 6km & 11km courses: Ruakuri Cave Entrance. Both short and medium distance runners and walkers will come out of the cave. Spectators and supporters cannot enter the cave – you will need to wait outside for your runners to emerge from the darkness.
– 6km & 35km courses: Finish-line at Glowworm Caves Visitors Centre.
– 11km & 22km courses: Finish-line at Stubbs Farm.
Driving on Te Anga Rd
This is the road west of Waitomo Village. The road to Stubb’s Farm and to Mangapohue Natural Tunnel is winding and narrow. Please obey the speed limits. Cars will encounter runners and walkers about 1km after Stubb’s Farm turnoff. Please obey speed signs and traffic marshalls.